infamous quotes:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean

Reaction score
Who said: "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Pretty easy to look up.

Next....

how bout this one:
"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."

One of my favs

My fellow Americans. I am pleased to tell you that I have just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.

had to look this one up from 85 or 86 I think.

My wife is a big Yeats fan,

someone here has that one about drinking in the morning in their sig.

"I am not young enough to know everything."

"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability."

Separate quotes, same author.

Oscar Wilde

"Knowledge fills a large brain; it merely inflates a small one."
Sydney Harris.

"Like everything which is not the involuntary result of fleeting emotion but the creation of time and will, any marriage, happy or unhappy, is infinitely more interesting than any romance, however passionate."

Groucho, man.

"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read."

EDIT: Killed the other.

Sydney Harris.

"Like everything which is not the involuntary result of fleeting emotion but the creation of time and will, any marriage, happy or unhappy, is infinitely more interesting than any romance, however passionate."

W.H. Auden

"Where there is love, there is life"

"Where there is love, there is life"[/QUOTE]

Ghandi (sp?)

How bout: "I have no need for bodyguards, but I do require the services of several highly trained CPAs":D

Guess what I'm going to school for??

A graduate from my high school, Frank "don't eat yellow snow" Zappa:D
Ghandi.

"Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet"

"Golf is a good walk spoiled."

Looked that up, but I should have guessed, Mr. Clements again.

"Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious."

Some basketball player several years ago, funny as shiit

If a cop is beating you up, don't simply assume he is a racist, homophobe, or fascist. Most likely he is just having fun. Try to relax and share in his humour.

Anyone? ;)

Latest posts

Back