• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Large Format Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doobliebop

Reaction score
Anyone have any empty large format c&c bottles or know where to get them reasonably online or around Denver?

Make some friends with the bartenders in the area? Or just anyone. If you are patient I would think it should be easy to gather plenty without paying a penny for them. Although, I have found that it is easier to get people to save bottles for you if you promise them beer.

Make some friends with the bartenders in the area? Or just anyone. If you are patient I would think it should be easy to gather plenty without paying a penny for them. Although, I have found that it is easier to get people to save bottles for you if you promise them beer.

Eh, I don't really know too many bars that serve large format bottles... (2L, 3L, etc)

Are there any beverage stores or recycling centers in your area? The one closest to me will let me stop in on Sunday mornings (least busy time) and dig through the bottles. They will only take a nickel a piece for them.

I once was on this mission too and found that patience mixed with Ebay was the only way. Some people on there want WAY too much for an empty bottle but from time to time someone is reasonable. I ended up with a few 3L that I am filling with beer right now at the moment, a couple 6L, and ended up with a 9L. I never saw a larger than 9L for sale but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'd still like to get my hands on a 12L.

If you start buying the bottles you have to be ready to do work to close them up. I am still thinking hard about making my floor corker adjustable but I'm slightly scared to cut it apart. As it stands now I just compress the cork and leave it compressed for an hour or two. Then I quickly place it in the bottle by hand. Cages are another issue. You need to make them from scratch basically.

Latest posts

Back