New Guy from Western Washington

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDG138

Reaction score
Howdy,
After a long and productive career drinking beer, and then a move to the west Coast and my introduction into the world of Micro/Craft brewing, I figured that I'd take a whack at brewing a little beer myself. As in any situation I am totally open to the help and advise of those who know what they are all about. My first homebrew (Irish stout kit from Midwest Brewing) is currently getting happy in the fermenter... This could be dangerous

Super late response, but I am up in Mount Vernon. So update, The stout was bottled yesterday. (as was a friend of mines amber that was brewed the same day) So I scoffed at the little plastic lever thing that websites sell to get the lid off of the primary fermenter bucket. Then I tried it. Mine seemed to be welded in place. Was able to rack to the bottling bucket with no real issues. Bottling was fun. Made a slight mess on the first couple of bottles, but figured it out. Now the harder two week wait......

Welcome to the forums! I grew up in the Skagit Valley, and lived in Mt. Vernon for several years.

Some pretty exciting beer news coming out of the Skagit, actually: http://www.washingtonbeerblog.com/drink-local-skagit-valley-malting-llc-coming-soon/

I'd encourage you to checkout the local brew shops and see what they have to offer, rather than purchasing your kits online. The folks at the shops will gladly help you put together any kit or custom recipe you'd like.

Enjoy!

Local Homebrew Stores are the way to go for getting great info. And it's always nice to support your local businesses.

Cheers from Longview, WA!

Thanks the welcome! So I found a homebrew shop near where I live. (Northwest Brewing Supply in Anacortes) On bottling day I stopped by and before I knew it they were getting me setup with the ingredients for a Anchor Steam clone. I'll let everyone know how that turns out (happily bubbling away in the fermenter as we speak). The stout is bottle conditioning now and I think it is going to be awesome.

Back