2010 HBT Fantasy Football Rejects League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uglytunasaloona

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is a continuation of last years second FFL --- HBT Rejects. We currently have 4 teams registered and the league is set up for 10 teams. The draft is currently set for this Saturday but we can move it to accommodate people. We currently have 4 teams registered. If you would like to join use the following link:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

The league ID is 217658 and the password is hbt.

It doesn't look like this will happen next year. I'm gonna bump the draft for a week and bump this message up. Maybe we'll pick up at least 4 more players.

agreed, join. after the intial draft, it doesnt take much time to update it each week, maybe 20mins one day a week, if that.

plus it makes sundays much more interesting while watching games besides your main team

I'm in. Just a heads up, fantasy football, guitar, and homebrewing are my main addictions. You have become yet another enabler.

Screw it, I hate yahoo FFB but I will do this if there is no money on the line and it is just bragging rights.

are we doing a free league this year if we even get enough players? it doesnt matter to me but i thought we were doing something cheap like $15 or $20 again. im good either way though

id be in if the draft is any week night...im camping all labor day weekend and wont have internet connection...

id be in if the draft is any week night...im camping all labor day weekend and wont have internet connection...

Moving the draft to fill the league was a good idea. Moving it to the middle of the last big holiday weekend of the summer. Very bad idea.

Can we get a discussion on this, as to a good day/time for everyone for a draft?

Not that I didn't win last year after Yahoo not working and getting whomever, but this year I'd like to say that my record had to do 100% with my own brilliance/stupidity.

I'm in but I made it an odd # of teams. so if we don't get another you can just drop me to make it even. I hate by weeks in FF.

Let's see if we can get a consensus on when to move the draft to. I just pushed it out a week without even thinking. We need 1 more to make 10. Does anyone have a preference? I am open for pretty much anytime. I'll follow this up with an e-mail to the league.

Doesn't matter to me, but it's always nice to have a little something on the line to make it interesting and make sure people take it halfway seriously. Even if it was just $10 or something that's cool.

Or even make it all or nothing. Winner gets a bottle of beer from all the other losers. I'm game for whatever.

It is definitely full. We were hurtin' for teams for a while now it looks like we have more demand. I'm up for either beer or a few bucks on the line. We need a date and time for the draft. The current set time of Saturday at 7:00 PM is probably not good per some of the earlier comments. I'm gonna throw out next Tuesday 9/7 at 8:00 PM eastern. What's your opinion? I'd like to get a consensus from at least some of the teams before choosing/setting a new date and time.

I'm good with that. And any time in the evening during the business week works for me. I'd assume that many other will agree, the only question is time.

How many non-Eastern time zone players do we have?

Damn, league is full. I didn't even see the league info on the front page. And ofcourse, when I click the link I FINALLY get a message telling me that I had been invited. Cash, beer, or free I would have liked to participated. Damn!

If there is enough interest I will host one for the people that didn't get into this one. Let me know.

I went to change the draft date and time and 8:00 and 9:00 PM EDT hours were gone. I set for 7:15 PM. It looks like the 10 PM hour is also open. Let me know if you want to make it later.

I also e-mailed the league.

tuesday works for me, anytime after 7pm.

we should probably decide on the money thing or if were doing it for fun before tuesday though, and have payments sent before the draft

As I said earlier we're on for for 9/7 at 7:15. I'm up for throwing a few bucks on the table. We've only got 2 days if we want it in before the draft and/or NFL openers on Thursday.

i vote for money also to make it alittle more interesting and help insure everyone updates week to week instead of forgetting about it(although i vote $20 or less).

i guess everyone else should post their thoughts and majority wins?

Yeah, just $20 or something is fine. It won't break the bank, yet it's enough that people should at least care enough to take it serious. The only problem is that we're so close to the start and people are probably on vacation this weekend and stuff it is going to be a bear getting everyone to pay up in time at this point. Hmm.

i'm in for the Tuesday time and agree with the money. I think $20 is good and payouts should only go to 1st 2nd and 3rd place. Commish needs to set up a paypal account and mark off teams as they pay, so we can collectively shame anyone who hasn't paid. We should also allow payments through week 2. After that, point penalties will be applied for every day payment hasn't been received.

harsh, true, but people wil follow rules when they are established. My $.02.

I just checked and we still need another team. I guess we can all login and see if we get one. If not we still have a day to try and get it in.

Latest posts

Back