Help on a recipe for a competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noleafclover

Reaction score
Each month my brewclub has either an event or club competition. In November the competition is in celebration of Mexican/Hispanic culture. Our club manager worked with the multicultural folks at his place of employement, and apparently in November they're recognizing the Mexican/Hispanic culture. In any case, he's always looking for a way to promote homebrewing, so he suggested to them that our club would put on a competition of spiced beers for them to judge.

So the BJCP category is 21.A. Honestly, the first time I have sampled a pepper beer was 3 weeks ago. I found it to be an enjoyable beer.

So I come to you, the homebrewing experts, for suggestions for a good all-grain recipe! I'm looking for something representative of the style that just evokes the sensations of Mexican fare...

Got nothing for ya... I would have thought they would go with Vienna Lager, as Mexico is one of the only places where they still brew a traditional Vienna Lager.

Perhaps a Vienna as a base beer.

A little extra info.. some of the other events that are going on for this multicultural club is salsa tasting, some salsa dancing, etc.

And none of these guys will know anything about what is actually brewed in Mexico, which is why they went with that BJCP category. I was thinking a Jalepeno or chipotle potentially.

Back