Fathers Day = New Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GySgtLynn

Reaction score
Had to stop by my LHBS on Friday to pick up some yeast for this weekends brew day. I thought I would be in and out within a matter of minutes, not the case. I was amazed at how many women were in the there buying brew kits for Fathers Day. I watched one wife buy the deluxe starter kit with 3 receipies and a 40 dollar gift card for whatever else he might need.
This got me to thinking, a couple years back for Fathers Day my wife took me there to get my starter kit. As I relfected, I have come a long way in a couple years. I started off with extract and bottles. Moved to 5 gallon all grain batches with a single keg and picnic tap. Next was 11 gallon batches, the 5 tap keezer with temp control and a fermentation chamber with temp control plus all things you pick up along the way (IC chiller, learning how to wash yeast ect..). Then this last year I started growing hops and as it is with brewing I went all in (actually bought lady bugs for the hop garden today).
So to all the new brewers as of today.. welcome and good luck. I have learned 90% of what I know from this forum.

+1!

This has got to be the most fun hobby I've ever had, even without the drinking at the end. And now that I got the HBT app, I'm reading about brewing for at least an hour a day. Happy father's day!

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers!

I never thought about it, but I can see how a brewing starter kit is a great kit for Father's Day. We always tended to buy my dad "guy" grilling stuff but he probably would have preferred a brewing kit. He did make beer once when I was a kid, in a big open crock with a bunch of scum on top. I don't think it was drinkable, though.

Back