Anyone been to Potosi, WI?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
I was just passing through Potosi, Wisconsin over the past weekend. Potosi is a tiny town of 711 on the Mississippi River in southwestern Wisconsin. It used to be the home of a small brewery called, you guessed it, the Potosi Brewery, which closed some years ago.

I was very surprised, though, to see a tremendous amount of activity going on there, though, so I looked at their website:

http://www.potosibrewery.com/

Apparently the whole place has been restored, a museum has been built, a restaurant and a micro-brewery.

I'm going back to the area this weekend (will be camping in nearby Cassville). I hope SWMBO is up for a little roadtrip, because I'm gonna be heading back to Potosi!

I'll be headed there this weekend. I am looking forward to it. It just opened and there was quite a bit of flooding back and a mudslide near that area. Its made the grand opening and a few of the recent events difficult.

Back