successful stay-cation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapper-nc

Reaction score
Ok.. so, i took my first "staycation". I on went vacation the 20/21st of december
Starting the day after X-mas I brewed 10 gallons of a Best Bitter and pitched Irish ale yeast in 5 gal, and Thames Valley in the other 5

.. then this past Sunday i hosted a brew group on my Keggle system at my home. They brewed 10 gallons ofa Brown Ale , pitched denny's 50 in one frmenter and Whitbread in the other ....

and to continue the adventure We made 4 gallons of a GRAF by collecting an extra sparge off the grains,only about 2.5 gallons, added a small amount of wort from the brown ale (we had 1/2 gallon more than the fermenters would safely hold) , added some frozen wort and ginger from a ginger beer where i had saved the ginger for use in soups, .. boiled with the used hops from the Brown Ale, and then added 1 gallon of apple juice. Pitched some Cuvee yeast along with about a tsp of the Dennys 50 and Whitbread. ... i had just watched the Graf episode of Brewing TV.

You and I had similar plans, my stay-cation resulted in a extra brewing and lounging around the house. With my constant travel schedule for work its been nice.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

:mug:

I did the same thing. I'm on my third 6-gallon batch tomorrow or the next day. I already have the third starter on the stir plate! The last is a lager, as I'm beginning to be fermentation chamber limited.

Back