Gargoyle Imperial Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alchemist42

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
1728 Scottish Ale Wyeast
Yeast Starter
Yes - 1 c DME/Qt
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
1.026 (projected)
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Black
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Still there
Tasting Notes
Malty, thick and roasty. Just what I was looking for.
Brewed this up yesterday. Killer efficiency. 1.106 OG. Mid 80's brewhouse efficiency. :D A touch surprisingly the yeast has not kicked in yet after 12 hours. Crossing my fingers it's not too shocked...but it was a good solid starter, so I think it is just slow.

The Northern Brewer was the way to go. Just what I was looking for. I think you were dead on frankstoneline - I didn't like the hop flavor profile.

I left the peated where it was, but the cosmos conspired on me to make me think fast on my feet about the Special B - the store was out. So after much sampling, I settled on malt I've never tried as a sub - Bohemian malt - at the full 1.5 lbs. Somehow I ended up with an extra 16 oz of chocolate malt - help of an 10 year old in the shop I think...so I tossed it in too.

They result so far....malty roasty goodness - no where over the top for my tastes.

Back