100% Brett Farmhouse Ale Bottling Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morkintosh

Reaction score
Just took a measurement and my Farmhouse is at 1.010. Should I bottle now or does that Brett have some gusto left? It is about 3 months old. Also, any tips on bottling a 100% Brett Beer?

Thanks!

It is probably done. After sitting for three months, it probably needs a little extra priming sugar to fully carb up.

Agreed.

I think the Brett should be viable to ferment the priming sugar without fresh yeast. If that was part of the question too.

It is done. Prime and bottle it the same way you would a sacc beer. No new yeast required.

Thanks everyone. Bottles are priming up nicely. They still need to sit for a little while longer.

Fwiw I had a Brett saison I recently did and it went all the way down to 1.002, in wild brews it says Brett is almost 100% attenuative and could take upwards of 8 months to finish. If your going to bottle I would maybe drink them reasonably soon or to be really safe bottle in the thicker Belgian bottles.

Fwiw I had a Brett saison I recently did and it went all the way down to 1.002, in wild brews it says Brett is almost 100% attenuative and could take upwards of 8 months to finish. If your going to bottle I would maybe drink them reasonably soon or to be really safe bottle in the thicker Belgian bottles.

no need. brett isn't super attenuative when used for 100% of the fermentation, it acts very much like sacch in that case

Latest posts

Back