Fruit question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pineyguy

Reaction score
I'm going to be making a berry wheat beer this week. I moved up to 10 gallon batches and would like to do a 10 for this beer (bottle 5, keg 5.) From searching, it seems the best results come from putting the fruit in secondary, but I only have 2 fermentors. I've never used a secondary, I go from primary to packaging and have always had good results. Is there a downside to following my usual schedule and add the fruit to the primary fermentor after I hit FG? My plan was to use Dole frozen berry mix, try to smash it up a bit and then add it, give it a week and package. I'm still debating pasteurizing, or using campden, but from what I read folks have just used them frozen and not had problems. I appreciate hearing any input.

I always add my fruit to primary after fermentation has died down...never had any issues. As long as you properly sanitize your fruit, you'll be fine. You're using frozen fruit, so it should be good.

Back