Starter Plan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold_Steel

Reaction score
Where does everyone get their supplies from?
I want to make hard and soft cheese. I also want quality stuff that will last a life time.
Please advise.

I bought my supplies from Austin Homebrew. Mesophilic starter, rennet tablets, lipase enzyme, citric acid, cheese cloth, and a nylon bag (perfect size for pressing). For cheese salt I use kosher salt from the grocery store, it's non-iodized. You can make your own Thermophilic starter from fresh, active culture yogurt (eg. Dannon plain) -- just let it sit out on the counter overnight and it's ready to go. ;)

I searched the intraweb again and again, but ended up buying here as it was the best price and they seem to know about cheese.

CheeseMaking - Online Store

I have used this store for every purchase, and have their dutch style press. The press works amazingly, breaks down flat with a screwdriver and is much better than my old method of stacking textbooks and LME containers precariously... Everything else from the store has come with no problems, starters work every time, shipping is fast and everything arrives alive despite my being across the US.

Back