4th brew day and need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OilySheen

Reaction score
Ok first off I found myself brewing a modified Edwort's Haus ale extract recipe today. Wasn't planned but wasn't completely unplanned either, I had the ingredients and the plan was to brew last week. Anyway pretty uneventful until I hit flame out. I brought the wort inside to chill, got 59 degrees out of the tap. Refilled the wash basin 3 times and was down to 100 in about 25 minutes. During this time Mrs OilySheen came down into the kitchen and started cook herself things to eat and digging around in things in the kitchen. I walk in and she's opening my starter to take a look as she didnt know what it was since it was covered in foil. I explain that I'm on cold side and just leave these things alone and go sit at the table to munch.

So as I'm transferring to primary where I start having issues, and she starts to bug me again. It's at this point where I got really frustrated and kicked SWMABO out of her own kitchen. I need to know from experienced brewers exactly how much trouble am I in? Never dreamed in a thousand years I'd kick her out of her own domain... This is gunna get costly I can already sense it.

Ok first off I found myself brewing a modified Edwort's Haus ale extract recipe today. Wasn't planned but wasn't completely unplanned either, I had the ingredients and the plan was to brew last week. Anyway pretty uneventful until I hit flame out. I brought the wort inside to chill, got 59 degrees out of the tap. Refilled the wash basin 3 times and was down to 100 in about 25 minutes. During this time Mrs OilySheen came down into the kitchen and started cook herself things to eat and digging around in things in the kitchen. I walk in and she's opening my starter to take a look as she didnt know what it was since it was covered in foil. I explain that I'm on cold side and just leave these things alone and go sit at the table to munch.

So as I'm transferring to primary where I start having issues, and she starts to bug me again. It's at this point where I got really frustrated and kicked SWMABO out of her own kitchen. I need to know from experienced brewers exactly how much trouble am I in? Never dreamed in a thousand years I'd kick her out of her own domain... This is gunna get costly I can already sense it.
well that depends on whether your testicles are in your pants or her purse. The fact that you actually gave her the boot bodes well for you...the fact that you called SWMBO does not. I think theres a 50/50 chance you will be on the couch and reacquainting yourself with rosie.

if she's understanding, you can gently explain to her the problems of nosing around your brew stuff, ruining it, and what bowls/bottles not to touch. otherwise, christmas is coming up. build up some extra $ for the present

Back