First All Grain attempt - Ginger Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info and the recipe.

The LHBS converted the dme to 50% wheat, 50% 2 row to help with stuck sparge. I will probably go with rice hulls on the next batch.

Also, I purchased a BIAB bag, that I think I will drop in the mash tun. Hopefully it will make clean up a little easier, help filter and allow me to save liquid that doesnt drain.

Brew day went pretty good aside from the fact it took 8 hours. Figured since I had everything out I would brew up an Irish Black as well. Now both are in the primary in the garage. Yesterday noticed a healthy amount of activity coming out of the blowoff but today things have slowed way down. The garage temp is now down to 58 degrees due to recent weather. Is 58 too cold for primary?

Brews are in Secondary now. Irish Black tasted Awesome, Ginger ale tasted like ginger flavored water.

Should I be worried about the flavor of the ginger ale or is it normal for this style to be weak?

Back