? about "Brewing Classic Styles"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-ost

Reaction score
...Or are book titles supposed to be underlined? I can't remember, anywho...

I was looking at buying this book by jamil but the description I read had me curious

"Award-winning brewer Jamil Zainasheff teams up with homebrewing expert John J. Palmer to share award-winning recipes for each of the 80-plus competition styles. Using extract-based recipes for most categories, the duo gives sure-footed guidance to brewers interested in reproducing classic beer styles for their own enjoyment or to enter into competitions."

The book has both extract AND all grain right?

All of the recipes are listed as extract, and then each recipe has an all grain option, where he says how much grain to use instead of the extract. On some recipes (like the Oatmeal Stout, I believe), he also lists partial mash options.

Correction, MOST all are listed as extract, while some are listed as intermediate, Partial mash brew only due to the complicated grain bill or high adjunct percent used.

ALL recipes however have the all grain option. GET THIS BOOK! the recipes are great if you want to enter competitions or want more experience with various styles and their classic examples.

sorry, that last post made me sound like an internet jerk! you summed up well. To many drinks make me rude!

It is a great book. I've made quite a few recipes from it and I have never been disappointed. In fact, I've entered three of the recipes in competition and two of them medaled.

Thank you very much for your responses, I've heard great things about it and figured it had both options but just wanted to make sure.

It's a great book, and it's got a lot more than just recipes. When I decide to brew a style I start by reading the style description in that book along with the recipes.

Back