Rotating sparge arm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomtanner

Reaction score
Hello,

Is anyone using a rotating sparge arm that they are totally pleased with?

Can you describe it or show a pic?

Actually, apologies, I didn't see the word "rotating" in your question. Mine is just a piece of tubing floating on top of the water above my grain bed.

But, if you are sparging properly (and thus leaving an inch or two of water above the grain), there is no benefit to be had with a complicated sparge arm.

I'm happy with mine. As long as I control flow and make sure my mash tun levels are consistent, everything works great and I'm getting 75% efficiency.

when i was using a cooler setup, I had a rotating sparge arm. I never had any issues with it and made great beers. It did, however, not rotate when sparging as the flow was too slow. I then switched to the Blichmann auto sparge with my brutus 10 type system and that thing was terrible. The auto part NEVER once worked and it would make spargin the biggest pain and decreased my efficiency a ton. I now use once of the sparge arms that drops the water onto a cone and spreads it. Haven't had any issues yet with over 10 bathes. But, it works the same as the "rotating" one did for me, which is flawlessly.

Back