Poll: what style (preferable within BJCP) do you brew the most?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indyking

Reaction score
Just trying to get a few for what the most popular style is.

Just your single most common.

I'm a relatively new brewer and haven't repeat a style yet, so no vote for me.

Most of my beers so far have at least one element outside of style guidelines. But amber, and brown porter are the most common brews so far.

Other smoked beer (not always the same base style though).

Other than that, IIPA, hefeweizen, northern brown, american stout...

I haven't brewed them all (yet) and most that I have brewed I have brewed once.

IPAs by far. Second would be APAs and AAA. I only make two stouts a year, and two or three lagers a year, so they are the least often except for Belgians. I never make Belgians.

While I have more than one recipe for it, I brew a ton of saisons. They're my favorite. Strong saison, dark saison, table strength saison, sour saison, fruit saison etc... I love 'em.

So far here are the results:

American Ale 5
IPA 5
English Brown Ale 2
Porter 2
English Pale Ale 2
Stout 2
German wheat and rye beer 2
Smoke-flavored beer 1
Light hybrid beer 1
Belgian and French Ale 1

I must say that I'm considering only the most frequent brew from each member unless specified as more than 1 style being brewed at similar frequencies. I'm also fitting everybody's choice to each of the BJCP categories, not the subcategories.

Please post here your most brewed style if you have not done yet!

50% of what I brew is American Pale Ale.

I have a two keg kegerator. It always has an APA on one tap, and then the rotating flavor of the month on the other tap.

Ales and beers. :)

(Fine fine fine, pales ales and IPAs. Beersmith lists 6 pale ales and 7 IPA's including American, Imperial, and English)

APA, but with ~30% rye malt and half the time I use english yeast. So that's not in the BJCP at all.

I brew Stouts and IPAs the most because they have the most variants...

IPA wish there was a non-alcohol version so i could drink more and more often. Kinda.

Updated:

IPA 10
American Ale 8
Stout 4
English Brown Ale 3
Porter 3
English Pale Ale 2
German wheat/rye 2
Smoke-flavored beer 1
Light hybrid beer 1
Belgian/French Ale 1
Amber hybrid beer 1
Cider 1
Mead 1

Updated:

IPA 11
American Ale 8
Stout 5
English Brown Ale 3
Porter 3
English Pale Ale 2
German wheat/rye 2
Smoke-flavored beer 1
Light hybrid beer 1
Belgian/French Ale 1
Amber hybrid beer 1
Cider 1
Mead 1

Much of my brew have been stouts, but I've been taking my time working around and toward perfecting an English Bitter. Stouts and Bitters are the reason I started brewing; if I had to choose put me down for the English Pale Ale category.

IPA. You should make an actual poll to make it easier on yourself.

Thanks. Someone else has suggested that. The problem is... most people really brew more often a specific BJCP subcategory, so I can fit their choices into the category styles. A poll with all the subcategories would be massive and not practical.

Updated:

IPA 13
American Ale 8
Stout 6
English Brown Ale 3
Porter 3
English Pale Ale 2
German wheat/rye 2
Smoke-flavored beer 1
Light hybrid beer 1
Belgian/French Ale 1
Amber hybrid beer 1
Cider 1
Mead 1

If we're going by pure style guidelines then it's 23 for me, probably followed by 21. Since I brew a lot of experimental beers. They all usually have an underlying base style style, for example my ginger snap brown ale, is an English brown mashed with a couple boxes of ginger snap cookies in the tun. Or my chocolate mole porter is a base American Porter with chilies and mexican hot chocolate. So it's really hard to pinpoint what I brew more of. I mean I mean I brew a bunch of stuff.

Latest posts

Back