First all grain done!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
so I just finished my first all grain, only took me like an hour longer than a normal brew day. I am definably more tired though. Brewed the west coast blaster from brewing classic styles. Beer smith gave me a different OG than BCS and i hit the beer smith OG dead on the money for 70% efficiency. not bad for my first time I would say :D

Congrats....I'll be doing my first AG on St Patties Day....(Took the day off for the occasion)...Any pointers?

Congrats....I'll be doing my first AG on St Patties Day....(Took the day off for the occasion)...Any pointers?

use beer smith :D seriously, I hit all of my numbers right on. also, prepare more water than you think you will need. I only needed ~7 and ended up heating up 10 with ~ a gallon left
and prepare to be tired :D. I am usually pretty tired after a brew day but this one is just a little worse, plus for some reason my sink leaked all over my floor when i was cleaning up so that added an extra half hour of fun

Just wanted to update. Plan on bottling this tomorrow. FG was 1.015. I am finally free of the 1.020 curse!!

Latest posts

Back