My new Axe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan Lendl

Reaction score
Its a 'gothic' epiphone sg I got for 175 (used)

axe1.JPG

axe2.JPG

nice! Is that an es-335 type? aka the Rush/alex leifson guitar? I know the 'real' ones are like 3,000 how much for an epi?

I can't warrant spending the money on either Gibson or Fender Guitars now so I'm keeping my guitars down to a few basics. I used to own an Epiphone Thunderbird Bass but I was skint this time last year and needed some quick cash so it went - It was a great guitar looks and soundwise, worked well when I gigged it and was just as badly balanced as the Gibson original! The guy I sold it to loved it too..... *sigh*

Caplan said:
I used to own an Epiphone Thunderbird Bass... it was just as badly balanced as the Gibson original!

You mean head stock heavy? I had a Standard SG that I dropped and busted the head stock off, that is the only thing I hate about them. What I love about them is that they are super light, way lighter than a Les Paul but nearly as beefy in tone.

Andre Agassi said:
You mean head stock heavy? I had a Standard SG that I dropped and busted the head stock off, that is the only thing I hate about them. What I love about them is that they are super light, way lighter than a Les Paul but nearly as beefy in tone.
I do! Unless you hitched the strap far up on your shoulder after playing a song you'd take your hand off the neck and the headstock would hit the deck!;)

I got used to it as it was nice to play and I thought it looked great - SWMBO hated the look of the wood and called it 'the sideboard' - a Northern English term for an ancient lump of dark wood furniture from the Victorian age!

My old axe

lespaul003-1.jpg

lespaul005-1.jpg

It's a '71 Les Paul with a long history in my family. I used to love this guitar. Now I hate it. I've hated it for fifteen years. No-one plays it. I'll never sell it.
Yeah, I know it's kinda creepy, but that's just the way it is.
I'm sorry.............It's a long story..........................I hope you love your new axe.

Back