Cooperstown Brewing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nymtber

Reaction score
Anyone else here had any of Cooperstown Brewing beers? I have so far had Nine Man Ale (Golden ale), Old Slugger (Pale Ale), and currently drinking a Pride of Milford (strong red ale-delicious!).

My mother got a 12 pack off a TV auction the local public channel puts on, and boy, is it some good beer! The Nine Man Ale was pretty good, but the Old Slugger and Pride of Milford are darn good beers! The Old Slugger is just a good Pale Ale that I could drink glass after delicious glass of. I am starting to notice I love beers made with Cascade hops... :)

I would recommend anyone try the beer. Another great craft beer!

I live not far from Cooperstown and have been to the brewery a few times. I do like their beer, especially the Benchwarmer Porter and Pride of Milford. Though, they are a ringwood brewery and their beer does have a bit of diacetyl character - not unlike Shipyard, Middle Ages, Magic Hat...

I wish they would do more traditional English styles though.

Of course you have to go to Ommegang while up in the Cooperstown area. There is another truely farmhouse brewery that I can't recall the name of.

Sheldon

I was there a few years ago. Wasn't blown away, but I found the beer very drinkable. I love their tap handles and sent one to my friend in Colorado as a gift. I would certainly go back next time I'm in the area.

Pride of Milford is their best, IMO. I've only had bottled, and noticed they've had issues with consistency. I've had gushers from them and Bierhaus is right about Ringwood and diacetyl.

Long time for this thread. I was just in Cooperstown and I really liked the Ol' Slugger Ale! Anyone have a recipe for a clone? Seems that everyone points to the Ringwood Yeast as the main flavor contributor but I'm wondering about the hop profile.

I'm still an extract brewer, so not much I can do with grain bill other than steeping specialty grain. OR maybe it will push me over the edge into All Grain :mug:

I wasn't all that thrilled with the Ommegang beers I tried, but I don't generally like those styles. They were interesting and tasty (and HIGH alcohol content) but wouldn't be my everyday. I felt like Ol' Slugger could be a Go To ale.

Long time for this thread. I was just in Cooperstown and I really liked the Ol' Slugger Ale! Anyone have a recipe for a clone? Seems that everyone points to the Ringwood Yeast as the main flavor contributor but I'm wondering about the hop profile.

I'm still an extract brewer, so not much I can do with grain bill other than steeping specialty grain. OR maybe it will push me over the edge into All Grain :mug:

I wasn't all that thrilled with the Ommegang beers I tried, but I don't generally like those styles. They were interesting and tasty (and HIGH alcohol content) but wouldn't be my everyday. I felt like Ol' Slugger could be a Go To ale.

Ommegang is NOT meant to be an every day beer. At least, I don't think they are! Rare Vos, Witte, BPA, and one more I have had are all delicious, but should be enjoyed a bit warmer (near 50°F IMO). I prefer Goose Island belgian styles myself, much more enjoyable flavors, fruitier esters come through and are much more pleasing to me.

I have not had any cooperstown since. It was good though! I should pick some up next time I'm getting beer at Wegmans...

Latest posts

Back