Where to place CO2 manifold in Danby DKC645BLS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayMac

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just ordered all my parts in to install a second tap to my kegerator so I'll be able to have two homebrews on tap (one light session beer for the friends and drinking nights, then a nice IPA for after work!).

I was wondering if anyone has drilled holes inside their Danby DKC645BLS? I don't want to drill anywhere if I don't know where cooling coils or electrical wiring is. I hope to drill into the left side, near the top, close to the door. This will make it easier for force carbing, will keep it out of the way of kegs (when two in, I keep on at the back, and one on the right), and will allow me to take kegs off CO2 easily.

What do you think? Will this spot work? Or is this a dangerous place to drill? Oh, and don't worry, I just cleaned the fridge! It had been out of operation for a while and got pretty nasty!

IMG_0279.jpg

Your manifold should fit snugly into the rack slot below (looking at your pic) and therefore not require any drilling.

Your manifold should fit snugly into the rack slot below (looking at your pic) and therefore not require any drilling.

Just tried... its so incredibly close. It stays, but if tugged on it will fall. It'll work temporarily, but I'd like to have it secured. Thanks for the suggestion!

I wish I had a wiring diagram so I could tell where the electrical is!

I'm in the same boat, just got a manifold to put in a Danby DAR440. Did you end up mounting yours where you had it in the picture?

Actually, My kegerator broke down just before I was going to install it. I got a full refund, and put that towards building my own keezer.

Sorry I wasn't much help, but good luck!

Back