Wedding beer selection. Why ask anywhere else?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob_boblaw

Reaction score
Okay I have a meeting on Friday to pick the food and beer. I'm allowed 5 choices of any kind of beer. I live in the northeast, and the distributors have decent choices. So what beer to soothe the masses and the beer-o-philes and everything in between?

I was thinking for IPA (that's what I enjoy)

Stone Ruination or Founders Centennial

I need to get a water beer in here someplace I guess. Bud Light, Coors? Then maybe a blonde or a stout?

:mug:

I would/will be serving:

Home brewed:

A wheat beer - 1/2 bbl
An Irish Red - 1/2 bbl
An IPA -1/4 bbl
A stout - 1/4 bbl
Barley wine for me and SWMBO. (I am making 61 bottles in 6.3 oz bottles. We will share 1 bottle on our wedding day then 1 bottle every year on our anniversary. Should neither of us live long enough to finish the last bottle, we will gift/will it to family members to have on their wedding day.)

apple and mulberry wines and there will be other wines as well (both mothers make them!)

Bought:
A 1/2 bbl of Bud light
Champagne

Congrats and GL! :mug:

I once went to a wedding that used Victory Prima Pils as their "light" beer selection. I couldn't have been happier.

Personally I would like to keep it local so my ideal selection would be

Victory Lager
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Lancaster Brewing Strawberry Wheat
Yuengling Light
Stegmaier Porter

All of those should be pretty cost efficient and are some of my favorites.

Have fun and congrats.

Thanks for the congrats! Also I guess cost is not an issue because she said any beer (within reason). Also I'm in super agreement on the Pils, and pretty much your whole list. I forgot all about Yuengling Light. Keeping it local makes sense. Maybe some Troegs as well.

Next to the music this is the hardest decision for me. "The boss" makes the decisions that count, I just gotta show up I guess.

I got married in May, in Fair Haven, NJ, and the place allowed me to choose my beer selection as well. I went with Cricket Hill American Ale from Fairfield, NJ, and Victory Prima Pils, Easton, PA. They supplemented with Sam Adams Boston Lager and a BMC version of a Belgian Wheat. People really liked having the Micros.

I didn't want to get greedy, so I only chose two. If I had five, I still would have stuck with the Sam Adams for name recognition, added a good Belgian Style White (Allagash) or American Wheat (Troegs Dreamweaver) and maybe a hoppy Amber like Troegs Hopback Amber.

The day goes fast, so have fun and good luck,
Joe

Sam Adams Boston / Light and Summer Ale can appease most of the masses, then I would go with a Dogfish Head 90 minute or 60 minute IPA, Magic Hat #9, and I personally like UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen, and if you can get it (I live in Maine so we have different choices) a Sea Dog Bluberry Ale. I wouldn't get anything too exotic, cause if your family is like mine, there has to be something mellow for everyone. Basically:
A lager
A wheat
An IPA or IIPA
A flavored /porter
and if you must a Bud/Coors(maybe Blue Moon?)/Miller/Heiniken.
Then maybe bring some of your own stuff.
My theory would be a good hoppy, malty, balanced, flavored, and then an "unflavored" bud or something.

Also great suggestions, thanks. Yeah five is a lot it's kinda making me mental honestly. How does this look?

Dogfish Head 60 min IPA or Troegs Hopback Amber Ale
Victory Prima Pils
Flying Dog Porter
Yuengling Light
Sam Adams Lager

Also great suggestions, thanks. Yeah five is a lot it's kinda making me mental honestly. How does this look?

Dogfish Head 60 min IPA or Troegs Hopback Amber Ale
Victory Prima Pils
Flying Dog Porter
Yuengling Light
Sam Adams Lager

Looks perfect! Oh and when can I expect my invite to arrive?

Jeez we have not even received all the replies yet and nobody has declined. I was kinda hoping some people would bail. So we are on the way to being more than expected, sorry:cross: But I will drink some beer for everyone. Gotta try and sneak a bunch out! After all; it is paid for.

Don't know if you can get BBC (Berkshire Brewing Company, Western Mass.) down in NJ, but their steel rail pale and extra pale should appease the masses while being respectable enough for those with a more discriminating palate.

Never saw it, but I sure can ask. I forgot too mention I did brew up 3 batches of a full cascade extra pale ale and those will be the favors.

I got married this past summer near Downingtown (Victory Brewery!) and we had:

1) Victory Hop Devil (for me and my friends :) )
2) Yuengling
3) Lindemans Framboise (the wife loves this stuff)
4) Miller Light
5) Budweiser

and finally our wedding favors to everyone, a bottle of Kolsch I brewed.

Latest posts

Back