Carbing Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armen_Tamzarian

Reaction score
I want to get a third keg but my regulator only can run two at once. I'm wondering if, assuming no leak in the keg, I could put 12 psi on a keg, detach the line and put it in my closet and it would carbonate that way.

So far I've been setting my CO2 at 10 - 12 psi and just letting it carbonate in the kegerator over 2 - 3 weeks. Would it be better to try a quicker method?

Thanks for any help

Setting them at 20 psi in the fridge for a week works.

Regarding the one off line, it would be better to hit it with 30 psi and set it in the closet. You can only fit 2 kegs at a time?

I could fit one more, two more tops if I move my CO2 (10 lb) tank outside of the kegerator. The main issue is my regulator can only have two gas lines running from it at once. I suppose if I get another attachment I could run more.

It won't carb if you take it off of the gas. The gas would be absorbed, but then there'd be no more gas coming in to keep it carbing up.

Why don't you prime the keg, if you're keeping it at room temperature anyway? I've done that. Just 2.5 ounces of priming sugar dissolved in 1/2 cup water boiled for a minute, put into the keg, and then the beer racked into it. Give it a shot of co2 to make sure the lid is seated (check for leaks!) and then let it sit at room temperature until you have a place in the kegerator.

Yeah, you could get a cheap splitter or spend a little more money on a manifold. I actually have a splitter with a couple of small shut off valves if you want them. I recently got a 4 way manifold and don't know what I would use it for anymore.

I think I may want to save up a bit and wait on the manifold for the future. Having a set up where I can run multiple kegs and control different pressures would be ideal for the future. I kind of like the idea of priming for the short term, I still have to go out and get a third keg.

I appreciate the offer! I'll definitely think about it and let you know. I've just made the jump to all grain over the past few weeks building my MLT and getting everything else I need. After getting another keg I definitely need to chill a bit on too much of an expansion. haha

tn375_large_5460052610083145.jpg

1 or 2 of those might get you by for now. You would need shut off valves. The manifold I got is just a manifold with valves. It does not allow me to set them at different pressures. I am a pretty basic American Ale drinker so I don't worry about that. Plus those 4 way regulator are spendy.

Back