New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Galaxy hopped, brett fermented wheat.
Brett+Galaxy.jpg

That looks awesome. Can you describe the taste?

My homemade red, dubbed The Wedger red. A few tweaks and this one might be a winner

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

1391051356556.jpg

Centennial IPA. Pliny the Elder grain bill (minus the corn sugar) and all Centennial hops for the boil. Very west coast, very dry

Centennial IPA 1.jpg

Centennial IPA. Pliny the Elder grain bill (minus the corn sugar) and all Centennial hops for the boil. Very west coast, very dry

Looks great! FWIW you basically made Bell's Two Hearted Ale. It's light in colour like yours (mostly 2row base malt) and is all centennial in the kettle and dry hop.

(Nice photography too BTW)

Kal

A very new beer. The Light House was bottled back on the 22nd. Still a lil green, but taste good. Had a good foam layer when I poured, but fell a little bit while I looked for my flash card.

i-WPJPsdD-L.jpg

Very easy drinking. Will be good this spring when working in the yard.

A bourbon barrel-aged RIS. Very smooth for being so young. It is only about 2 months old. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391347574.838007.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home

Here is a wheat wine I brewed for a competition and sampled Tuesday night. It was a little boozy, but not hot, and it's still relatively young (I brewed it the first chance I had after hearing about the competition).

Ingredients: 60% American Wheat & 40% 2-row, mashed at 152; hopbursted with equal amounts of Centennial & Amarillo at 20 minutes and 7 minutes; fermented with Wyeast 2565 (Kolsch).

Pitched and started fermentation at 60, then ramped up 2 degrees every other day to get to 70. Let it sit at 70 for 2 days, then slowly lowered the temp down to 36 over the course of 4 days. Cold-conditioned at 36 for 36 days, then bottle conditioned for 3 weeks.

Estimated 9.75% ABV and 50 IBU.

1551618_10101687326072045_80938488_n.jpg

My first brew it is a NB caribou slobber. Turned out good.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

1391786946914.jpg

Yum! I did an all Mosaic IPA fermented 100% with Brett Brux Trois this summer, and it was fantastic. Fruity (in a good way) and complex with a nice dry finish. I plan to make that again this year.

Thats awesome...How long did you let it go for?

Back