I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger. Broke the snow plow on the 4 wheeler. Now I got a 4 wheeler covered in snow and I get to go out and work on it. SIGH.....I am ready for spring

It warmed up here and it's raining. Just for a couple days then back to cold. Indiana weather sucks. But, if you don't like it just wait a couple days and it'll change.

Not my house... And not a locked-out situation either...

Okay, orders that had to be out by noon- finished, bought myself about 25 minutes free time before next chore and just had to rush back and ask... what happened!!!??

Bugger. Broke the snow plow on the 4 wheeler. Now I got a 4 wheeler covered in snow and I get to go out and work on it. SIGH.....I am ready for spring

I took my dog on the 2 mile 4-wheeler ride to my mailbox, just got back. He loves riding. I'll have to get hubby to take a picture of us riding the power lines, dog loves going fast and feeling the wind in his ears. 74 degrees right now here in north Florida.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I bet that a person with a 2 mile drive to their own mailbox really appreciates privacy.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I bet that a person with a 2 mile drive to their own mailbox really appreciates privacy.

And a bell that chimes at the house if anyone comes any closer. Be ready for them, who the hell could that be? Yes, hubby and I have always enjoyed our privacy.... Alright... time to get back to work....

Added: 2 miles is round trip, so not that private.

Not so cold here right now maybe 25 degrees. Cold enough I was hating laying on the ground working on the plow though. Thinking I need to warm up a bit before I fix my mailbox though where the county knocked it over

Never ends I guess

Just tapped the maple tree in my back yard. Nothing ran, but it was still only 32, we'll see as it heats up. Never made maple syrup before. If it doesn't turn out I'm going to just collect the sap and do a brew with it.

Just tapped the maple tree in my back yard. Nothing ran, but it was still only 32, we'll see as it heats up. Never made maple syrup before. If it doesn't turn out I'm going to just collect the sap and do a brew with it.
There probably isn't any point in brewing with it. I did an experimental batch with real maple syrup. It ended up tasting like watered down vodka. The only difference between it and fermented sugar water was that it was slightly brown.

I'd save the syrup for back sweetening, as long as your syrup isn't horrible. :)

BobbiLynn said:
So there were over 300 people packed into a tiny red barn along with 2 horses.

Oh, I was just thinking back on an organic farming seminar I attended years ago. It rained on our parade. Also windy and cold, but we all stayed warm in the barn. At the commune maybe we can all meet in the barn once a week for a town meeting.

I remember one time my ex wife and I attended an advertised self-sufficiency seminar in the small town of Willits we were living in. We showed up, and before we were able to participate they required us to watch some kind of crazy propaganda film about the imminent demise of the oil fueled world. Once we had done that, we participated in one workshop and it because immediately evident that these guys were trying to start up a commune based society, and were trying to delegate tasks and get prepared so that when the oil wells dried up they would be all ready to go. When they found out we didn't own 500 acres we felt thoroughly unwelcome. That's ok though, we didn't want to be their sex slaves anyway.

Ok I have a get together every Friday night and it used to be with the boys. We would start a fire out in the shop and drink beer and talk bad about our wives. Pretty much a great evening.

But now the dynamics have changed. Our wives are showing up and all the farting and spitting has stopped and the main conversation is now puppy dogs and such. So being the type of guy I am I started betting in all forms like pitching pennies and throwing dice or bowling you know anything to get to where I can fart and spit with out offending the puppies.

Now I am labeled as going out for adult time and acting childish. How is bowling in the shop childish as long as you do not break anything. And I have never come home broke yet and one night came out 36 cents ahead......with out cheating even.

Sigh I kind of thought it would be nice to have the wives there but I think it is kind of like a love scene in a good action movie. It just does not mix:D

First you have to resort to clandestine biscuit bacon fat dipping and now this?! It is a sad state of affairs, is all I can say.

First you have to resort to clandestine biscuit bacon fat dipping and now this?! It is a sad state of affairs, is all I can say.

ooooH. Bacon grease biscuits and gravy. Good stuff. You want to do that right after frying bacon and put bits of bacon in there with it. Heavenly little vein clogger.

I came upstairs tonight to get something to eat before heading off to work and my wife said she had something strange happen. There was a possum that came up on the deck and was standing on it's hind legs and pawing at the sliding glass door wanting to get in the house.

First in Florida and now in Wisconsin. We are under attack by marsupials! :eek:

Ok I have a get together every Friday night and it used to be with the boys. We would start a fire out in the shop and drink beer and talk bad about our wives. Pretty much a great evening.

But now the dynamics have changed. Our wives are showing up and all the farting and spitting has stopped and the main conversation is now puppy dogs and such. So being the type of guy I am I started betting in all forms like pitching pennies and throwing dice or bowling you know anything to get to where I can fart and spit with out offending the puppies.

Now I am labeled as going out for adult time and acting childish. How is bowling in the shop childish as long as you do not break anything. And I have never come home broke yet and one night came out 36 cents ahead......with out cheating even.

Sigh I kind of thought it would be nice to have the wives there but I think it is kind of like a love scene in a good action movie. It just does not mix:D

A buddy of mine at work has his annual beanfest every fall. A bunch of guys mostly from work, plenty of Beer, and Ham and Beans. There is usually some fresh chopped onion (for distance) to top the ham and beans and a few plates of deviled eggs.

After the first year his wife leaves town for the weekend.

A little music to calm the jitters after the news of the nationwide possum uprising.

Last edited by a moderator:

It may seem sad but she does have redeeming qualities like offering to wash my empty beer bottles.

Hehe I not only dipped tonight but double dipped. Bread is not as good though as a hard biscuit

I came upstairs tonight to get something to eat before heading off to work and my wife said she had something strange happen. There was a possum that came up on the deck and was standing on it's hind legs and pawing at the sliding glass door wanting to get in the house.

First in Florida and now in Wisconsin. We are under attack by marsupials! :eek:

Aaccckk! This is definitely war, nationwide war now! Your wife should have let him in!! He'd be caught and we could be eating possum noodle soup within the hour. Alas... another one got away...

Hmmm, might have to make some perogis tomorrow now! My wife does them real good, one of the first things she mastered when she started cooking.

Mmmm... I bet she's got them mastered now. Yum. So what happened the other night? Would did you burglarize after work?

Oh yeah, so we have an abandoned townhouse in our development. It's foreclosed and the bank isn't trying to sell it. Last night as I was leaving for work, I noticed water pouring out from under the garage. In the morning, myself and the next door neighbor broke in to shut the water main off. Thankfully, that worked. Too bad for the bank, I could care less.

Oh yeah, so we have an abandoned townhouse in our development. It's foreclosed and the bank isn't trying to sell it. Last night as I was leaving for work, I noticed water pouring out from under the garage. In the morning, myself and the next door neighbor broke in to shut the water main off. Thankfully, that worked. Too bad for the bank, I could care less.

Ahh, but not all of us have a badge to flash if we get caught! Yes, officer, I wasn't trying to steal the copper wiring, I had just noticed some water pouring out. :eek:

True, but it was so obvious what the problem was that if I was on the other side and verified the ID of the two guys, I'd believe it. The guy next door who was with me had water pouring into his garage from it, so he was pissed, and I'm on the board so at least I could show some cause.

Seasons. I lived in Hawaii for 5 years as a kid and hated the fact that there was not a big change in the seasons. I now live in a high desert and have crazy seasonal changes and just love them.

Spring= a new hope. Spring is just busting with anticipation of new projects and a sense of renewal.

Summer = camping and being lazy. Enjoying cool summer nights and of course tons of light beer

Fall = a sense of panic to get ready for winter. But a wonderful time of year getting firewood and enjoying the beauty of nature.

Winter = a sense of independence. It just feels good to be able to build a fire and spend time with friends sharing food and beers. It is also a time of anticipation later on in the season for a busier life.

I could not live in a area that did not have seasons like Hawaii had. I enjoy the challenge of spending time in the garden getting food stuff for winter and getting the firewood in the fall. Embracing the seasons is like embracing life. Sometimes life is hard and cold and sometimes life is warm and easy. It is life though and I embrace it all

I think that at least for me dealing with the seasons is a form of independence. When you can work in the cold and heat of summer it just feels like you have conquered nature and the pay off is spring and fall.

But I am ready for a little spring in my life right now. Getting tired of the snow and getting some cabin fever going on. Come on spring :rockin:

Couldn't agree more. Hawaii is an awesome place, but I don't think I could live there. I think I would just start to take that beauty for granted since it is always there. Nothing like spring blooms after a cold, snowy, dreary winter to really appreciate what you're seeing.

Aaccckk! This is definitely war, nationwide war now! Your wife should have let him in!! He'd be caught and we could be eating possum noodle soup within the hour. Alas... another one got away...

I think my wife was taken by surprise. Before she could react the dogs caught sight of it and charged the sliding door chasing it away. Then I was just outside of town on my way to work and another one came shooting out of the ditch and charged the truck.

Cheeky little bastards, those possum.

Latest posts

Back