I witnessed something horrible yesterday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC10Chief

Reaction score
I am stationed up at Elmendorf AFB in Alaska and live on base. I am currently trying to sell my Ford Exploder on Craigslist. Since most people can't get on base, I have to go off base to meet them. So, I met this guy yesterday who just turned out to be a tire kicker. As I was coming back on base and going home, I saw a C-17 taking off from the runway on Elmendorf. Something obviously was wrong with it. It banked hard to the left and nosed over right into the ground. I was a couple of miles away and I could feel the impact in my whole body. And I was driving. The fireball was at least 500 feet high and then there was intense black smoke. It was one of the most terrible things I've ever seen. Especially since I fly for the Air Force as well (E-3 AWACS). The news confirmed this morning that all 4 crew members died. I've been in a daze ever since last night. Here's the story if anybody is interested.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/alaska.plane.crash/index.html

I read that this morning. A real shame and horrible loss. I've been in those things before, and they are huge. Thank god it didn't crash into a neighborhood. I hope you can deal with what you saw, it's tough to witness something like that.

I'm sorry for what you saw. That's rough.

Saw the headline online yesterday. Such a terrible tragedy. We know not the time of our physical ending. It's a good reminder to let those you love know that you love them, and to live life while you have it.

Back