I need your help...Im a noob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeybe

Reaction score
I signed up and posted this yesterday but my post disappeared into the interweb, so I'll try again:

I noticed many of you here are pretty good with co2 systems (pressure regulators, connectors, etc) and I know nothing so I thought I would ask to see if I'm on the right track with a project of mine. Ultimately what I want is to connect a paintball co2 tank to output to a sports ball needle at ~50psi and a way to switch the thing on and off (like a hand blow gun)...and it needs to be cheap and small. I don't know anything about these systems save what I've been reading about on the internet for the past couple of days. Here's what I have so far:

Paintball tank

The Adapter CO2 regulator to Paintball Tank Adapter
The Adapter - CO2 Regulator to Paintball Tank Adapter

227C-50 Argon, Argon / C02 mix Pre-set Regulator CGA320, 50 PSI
GENTEC Compact PreSet Gas Regulators

Coilhose Pneumatics Hose & Blow Gun Assemblies
Buy 600-N12 Coilhose Pneumatics Hose & Blow Gun Assemblies from UseEnco

My understanding is that the paintball tank adapter will fit into the regulator which outputs to a 1/4" nft port (not sure what that is). Will the pneumatic hose fit onto the regulator? Do I need anything to seal the joints to prevent leaks (o-rings, etc.) or do these just screw on and just work? Is there a better way (cheaper, smaller, etc.)?

I really appreciate any insight you folks have on this and thanks for sharing your skills with me. I hope this one makes it through!
Mike

What are you filling?

the regulator to adaptor will have a gasket, the regulator to hose will need a hose barb fitting and some teflon tape, then a needle to put on your blow gun. thats about it.

I suggest just getting a paintball regulator unless you are sold on the standard reg and adapter. Like: BREWER'S EDGE PAINTBALL TANK REGULATOR @ Williams Brewing

The regulator has a on/off valve that has a hose barb on the other side.(as seen in the above link.) You will need to put a hose clamp on your hose to keep it on the barb, then a barb and a quick disconnect on the other end will allow you to use just about any standard "air" attachment. I use a blow gun on mine to purge fermenters, kegs, ect so there is no issue there. I am pretty sure harbor freight sells a "air gun kit" that has a needle valve included that attaches to the "gun"...

anything that you screw togeather will need to be connected with teflon tape wrapped around the threads.

Thanks you guys. I would go with the regulator you mentioned except for size and cost. I'm trying to manufacture a device. With that being said, is it a viable option to put a barbed connector on the regulator output and the blow gun input? What kind of tubing would I need to handle co2 and the pressure (<100psi)? Do some tubes leak CO2 through the walls?
Thanks,
Mike

Back