Stone Ruination clone - yeast question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WDT

Reaction score
I bought the stone ruination clone from Austin homebrew and I opted not to buy yeast with it.

I have some Nottingham already but the recipe calls for s-04. Will I be ok using the notty or should I go pick up some s-04? Stone ruination is one of my favs and I don't want make an entirely different beer.

Comments?

I bought the stone ruination clone from Austin homebrew and I opted not to buy yeast with it.

I have some Nottingham already but the recipe calls for s-04. Will I be ok using the notty or should I go pick up some s-04? Stone ruination is one of my favs and I don't want make an entirely different beer.

Comments?

If you can keep the temperature in the mid 60s at the highest, nottingham will work great for this beer. If temperatures will get over 70 degrees, I'd suggest S05 and NOT S04.

Yooper said:
If you can keep the temperature in the mid 60s at the highest, nottingham will work great for this beer. If temperatures will get over 70 degrees, I'd suggest S05 and NOT S04.

Cool, I have a freezer temp controlled so I will dial it down to 64 and let the yeast do their thing.

Ideally you'd want to use White Labs WLP007 Dry English Ale yeast. If I'm not mistaken that's the exact strain that Stone uses

I agree with nberna19. You'll also need to make a starter for a big beer like this to turn out right.

Going to pitch 2 packets of notty, that should do it.

Latest posts

Back