Brewery Upgrades (Kettle Size)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabeb25

HE of who can not be spoken of.
Reaction score
So I have decided its time for a new brew system. I have a single tier electric HERMS now with Keggles.
My biggest concern right now is kettle size. I primarily brew 5 gallon batches right now (I like variety over amount), but sprinkle in a few 10-12 gallon batches every now and then. However I recently co-started a brew club, and wouldn't mind brewing some club beers with it also. The most I would think now is a 1bbl batch.

So there is my Dilemma. I am considering switching over to a brutus 20 (modified with a HERMS) setup, to get down to 2 pots. It will still be electric (I think) and I was looking at the Blichmann's since I want this brew system to be in operation for quite awhile. But here is the question, can any one size of his pots accommodate all those batch sizes?

Thanks
Bryan

Keep your setup that you run now and use it for the size batches you use it for now. Use the big pots for the big setup. Make the pumps easy to move around if you need to. Might be able to use the same control box for both units to if you planned it right.

If you're thinking brutus 20... try double brutus 20! I'd try to explain the idea but I've had a couple... here's a thread explaining it. Basically you can use your present 3 keg system to do a double brutus 20, double boil 24 gallon batch!
I will be attempting this May 8 and doing 2 24 gallon batches in a row.. wtf am I thinking..
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/review-my-idea-evolution-brutus-20-a-170775/

Back