Anyone familiar with this 3 gallon recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnj

Reaction score
I don't have the means to boil a full five gallons but I found this neat 3 gallon batch recipe.
Brewtopia Easy All-Grain Homebrewing Tips

The recipe increases the grain to make up for poor efficiency. But I think with a grain bag I could increase my efficiency (using Deathbrewers tips).

They don't mention what the gravity of any of their recipes are, that are listed on this page.
Brewtopia Easy All-Grain Homebrewing Recipes

I was thinking about doing the Crystal Pale Ale fairly soon.

I'm thinking that this should work out well. BYO has a couple articles about brewing smaller batches and about skipping the sparge. But your grain amounts sound about right to make up for no sparge.

I do only 3 gallon batches. I love the different beers I get to make and 3 gallons of one kind can sometimes be enough. Though I do have some I brew over and over. I am on a plan right now to make 52 different beers this year one beer a week. Some long term (Russian Imperial Stouts) and some short term for drinking now. This weeks it Yooper's IPA.
I use Beer Tools (Mac Fan) to cut recipes I think I might like down to 3 gallon size.

Back