Hoegaarden in the making - Wish Me Luck!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
I wanted to make Franzi, but my HBS doesn't carry Acid Malt, so I opted for Hoegaarden instead.

This is an ambitious recipe and my first attempt at a clone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't blaspheme the Hoegaarden name with an inferior product.

Send me some acid malt.

Better yet, send me a Franzi and I'll send you a Hoe. Sorry to break the pact, but I felt like brewing today and don't have the patience for mail order.

Cheesefood said:
Send me some acid malt.

Better yet, send me a Franzi and I'll send you a Hoe. Sorry to break the pact, but I felt like brewing today and don't have the patience for mail order.
A Franzi for a Ho is a good deal in any currency. :D

I'll send you some acid malt and a couple of Franzi's too, as soon as they're ready...I owe you for turning me on to Manu Chao. :cool: What do you think about Amadou & Mariam?

El Pistolero said:
A Franzi for a Ho is a good deal in any currency. :D

I'll send you some acid malt and a couple of Franzi's too, as soon as they're ready...I owe you for turning me on to Manu Chao. :cool: What do you think about Amadou & Mariam?

Haven't listened to A&M. Any good?

The ho smells good so far (it's not a stinky ho!) so I'm thinking that in about 3 more weeks it'll be ready. I'm getting impatient on my pumpkin, it's just not foaming up the way I want it to. I may need to add a little sugar to each bottle.

Back