Anyone know the full recipe for Jamil's Christmas Ale from BrewMaster's Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillTheSlink

Reaction score
Don't know if this is in the right spot, but one of the many kits I got from Brewmaster's Warehouse was this one. For some reason it got pulled from the database between the time I ordered and when I logged on today to print out the instructions and specs. This is what I have:

Breiss 2 Row Carmel 80 .75lbs
Belgian Pale Ale 19.5 lbs
Simpson's Black malt .25lbs
WLP 013 London Ale
Horizon Pellets (Unknown times at this point)

I wrote him a letter, but was hopping someone here knew this one, as I was going to start early tomorrow. I need the mash times and temps, efficiency it was created for, target gravities (OG and FG), hop schedules, and what spices are to be added when. I don't remember if it was to the boil or after or how much of what. I also am unsure of how much it was to yield exactly. I've Googled and Googled and can't turn this one up. I am not sure how it disappeared, probably a slip of a mouse click.

By the way I recomend this company highly. I placed an order with him and Midwest on the same day, last Saturday. On both orders I called and added on an item. BM called me the next day to let me know he was out of something but was substituting something of greater value. On Tuesday it arrived at my door, while from Midwest all I got was an email saying my order had shipped. My order at Brewmaster's Warehouse was a large order over 150lbs and a bunch of little stuff too. Midwest was just some books, a brewtree (I swore I never would buy one but finally gave in) and an oxygenation kit with stone. Midwest is many hundreds of miles closer, but were beaten by days. From now on what ever I can get I will buy from Brewmaster's Warehouse and for the more exotic stuff he doesn't have Austin Home Brewer. He's good people too. His area is just to hot to get liquid yeast to me.

Sorry - I don't have my copy of Brewing classic styles handy (and I did look, must be out in the garage)

But I did want to comment on Brewmaster's warehouse

They are a great company and I couldn't be happier with the build your own recipe feature on their page

I predict a bunch of copy cat efforts by other stores very soon

Sorry - I don't have my copy of Brewing classic styles handy (and I did look, must be out in the garage)

But I did want to comment on Brewmaster's warehouse

They are a great company and I couldn't be happier with the build your own recipe feature on their page

I predict a bunch of copy cat efforts by other stores very soon

OPPSS , I thought the recipe was from the show. No wonder it wasn't in Google and was pulled from the site. The book is copyrighted. It just so happens I looked in the book which I got yesterday, after you said it was there, and my questions were answered. It sounds like a very tasty brew. Can't wait to get it done and I am just in time to get it done for Christmas. I am making Mom some of Ed's Apple Juice, but that won't be ready to drink at Christmas and it's going to be her gift. Now I'll be able to take over a twelve pack and have something to drink for a little family time on Christmas eve. I bet a brew like this would really make a Mom type person happy. :mug: Thanks for the help. I am never disappointed with this board.:ban:

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (Gal): 6.00 Wort Size (Gal): 6.00
Total Grain (kg): 9.30
Anticipated OG: 1.090 Plato: 21.59
Anticipated SRM: 19.3
Anticipated IBU: 44.4
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70 %
Wort Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Pre-Boil Amounts
----------------

Evaporation Rate: 15.00 Percent Per Hour
Pre-Boil Wort Size: 7.74 Gal
Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.070 SG 17.02 Plato

Formulas Used
-------------

Brewhouse Efficiency and Predicted Gravity based on Method #1, Potential Used.
Final Gravity Calculation Based on Points.
Hard Value of Sucrose applied. Value for recipe: 46.2100 ppppg
% Yield Type used in Gravity Prediction: Fine Grind Dry Basis.

Color Formula Used: Morey
Hop IBU Formula Used: Rager

Additional Utilization Used For Plug Hops: 2 %
Additional Utilization Used For Pellet Hops: 10 %

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
95.1 8.85 kg. Pale Malt(2-row) Great Britain 1.038 3
3.7 0.34 kg. Crystal 80L 1.033 80
1.2 0.11 kg. Black Patent Malt Great Britain 1.027 525

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
28.35 g. Horizon Pellet 13.00 44.4 60 min.

Yeast
-----

Mash Schedule
-------------

Mash Type: Single Step

Grain Lbs: 20.50
Water Qts: 27.95 - Before Additional Infusions
Water Gal: 6.99 - Before Additional Infusions

Qts Water Per Lbs Grain: 1.36 - Before Additional Infusions

Saccharification Rest Temp : 152 Time: 0
Mash-out Rest Temp : 168 Time: 0
Sparge Temp : 170 Time: 0

Total Mash Volume Gal: 8.63 - Dough-In Infusion Only

All temperature measurements are degrees Fahrenheit.

Back