first run on my new all grain system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davefleck

Reaction score
Embarked on my maiden voyage for my single tier. It has been several years in the making and plenty of time invested. I've been waiting to 'go all grain' until i had this done. Hindsight would have build a cooler mash tun if I knew how long i'd be building this. I did a pretty simple 5g batch but I'm pretty sure i'll be doing 10 in the future. Same amount of wasted wort and work but 2x as much beer! I'm trouble shooting my thermometers as they don't read accurately. I went with short ones that barely extend into the keg to keep them protected. I think the temp of the liquid in the sight glass is throwing it off substantially. I'll be removing them to test & calibrate them.

pumps work well but need to make some flashing to protect them. Getting them to prime takes some finesse. Love the plate chiller!

can't wait until I'm really familiar with it. But dang it's a heavy setup.
the stand is some heavy mild steel from 100 years ago. The slight pitch on my concrete makes it want to take off on me as I put it back into the garage!

maiden voyage.jpg

Back