Something for summer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonB

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Spring is finally here and we are looking forward to summer. I only have two brewings under my belt and both have been kits, which I have been happy with. I want go to the next step and brew one from a recipe so I can controll the ingrediants. Any suggestions for something from extract that has lots of flavor but still light (NOT LITE!) and crisp?
Thanks everybody!:mug:

Yeah you can't go wrong with a nice pale ale or a blonde ale. And like uniondr says, a wheat beer if that's your kind of thing - not usually my cup of tea, but they are a pretty quick turnaround beer.

If you're able to do lagers, MoreBeer has a Helles Lager that fits that bill perfectly. I'm still drinking mine that I brewed back in October and it keeps getting better.

Thanks for the input. Can't do lagers yet but thats not far off. Kolsh or a blonde sounds good but my wife surprised me thinking that an apricot ale sounds good too! Now, to just find the right recipe! I'll bet there at least 3 on these websites! LOL!!

Hefeweizen or a good IPA are both excellent summer beers. I'm thinking I'll be brewing both shortly in preparation for the warm months.

A saison or a light IPA, like Stone Ruination (theres a clone in the recipe section), are what I tend to think about in the summer. If you want to go fruit, I love aprihop from DFH.

Back