Shipped beer- how long in fridge before opening?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall_Yotie

Reaction score
Hey all!

Successfully shipped a 12-pack across the States. Guy on other side is asking how long they need to sit in the fridge before cracking them open. Not concerned about yeast settling (hefeweizen), just wanting to make sure they won't foam up from being shaken around so much.

Will a few hours in the fridge suffice? Or does he need to wait a day? He is excited to try them, so the sooner the better.

Thanks!

Few hours will be fine. I like to flick the top of soda cans to settle the foam before cracking them open. Same concept could be applyed to bottles i would think

On a side note how much did it cost to ship that bad boy? or is it the old "a 5 pound box weighs the same as a 30pd box" lol

UPS shipping, from Cali to Texas, cost about $25. Really not that bad!

Side note, the whole "tapping top of the can" thing I believe was shown to not actually make a difference. Really it just gives you a few more seconds for the beverage to settle than if you opened it immediately.

Back