mmmmm......ales.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
why is it that a nice English or Scotch ale is soooo damn good in a nice tulip glass at room temp? :confused:
had a couple Belhaven Scottish Ales, Samuel Smith Old Brewry Pale Ale's. very nice, very nice...... :drunk:

hehehehe. you did it to me w/ the keg story today! pay backs are hell :~)
now it's a homebrew Flat Tyre in the tulip glass.......

homebrewer_99 said:
OK, my turn...I still have 1 keg of Paulaner Hefe Weizen in the fridge.... :drunk: :D

okay, we agree to torture each other with each others brew, which that we can't have. :confused: (as i sip out of my tulip pint filled w/ amber liquid heaven....)

Scottish ales are the king of beers IMO. Now, there are times for other styles. I'll be the first to admit that I like Hefe Weizen and Stout and most in between at different times but given a choice for fall or winter secession, I'll settle in for a pint of Scottish export or a wee heavy every time.

have you had Belhaven's Twisted Thistle Pale Ale? saw it on tap at the Ginger Man in Houston this past weekend, but couldn't pass up the Real Ale Shade Grown Coffee Porter.....

DeRoux's Broux said:
have you had Belhaven's Twisted Thistle Pale Ale? saw it on tap at the Ginger Man in Houston this past weekend, but couldn't pass up the Real Ale Shade Grown Coffee Porter.....
I haven't tried that one...I'll have to keep an eye out! I really need to find a new "mega tap" bar in town. The Flying Saucer's beers taste moldy, especially pale beers; I don't think they're cleaning their lines at all. I've been hanging at the taproom of a local brewery which obviously limits my exposure.

DeRoux's Broux said:
Yo DeRoux...let me know the next time you're heading over this way. If you don't mind I'd like to bring you a couple of my scotch ales to critique.

hell yea EP. i'll let you know, look forward to it.

BeeGee, nothing wrong w/ hang'n at the brewery tap room. think globaly, drink localy!

Back