Cranberry-Lemondae Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sshamash

Reaction score
Hey All,

Not really sure where to put this...but here goes.

After a brew day a week and a half ago or so, my buddy and I drunkly decided to make a Hard Cranberry Lemonade Cider. We had 2 gallons of Cranberry Juice sitting around, and some country time lemonade powder. We made a six gallon batch, added a few pounds of Dextrose to boost the OG, some odd stuff lying around (apricot extract...) for taste.

The OG was 1.044 or so. We added nottingham dry yeast (did not rehydrate). Left it in a room that was ~68.

Checked the gravity today and it only moved to 1.041. Airlock is not moving...

Any idea why?

Suggestions on my next move? Add more yeast?

Cheers,
Saul

I don't think so...I will verify when I go to the store and see the Cran juice again. But I imagine that the few pounds of dextrose would do the trick no? Or would the preservatives mess with everyting, and not just the sugars it was in?

Noob here...

I think the preservatives would wreak some havoc on your yeast, any of that stuff could have had a few preservatives in em...

hm...although it has been sitting in there for a week and half, think I can make a decent starter and toss it in? Or is there no coming back from this one?

Back