Multi Tap Kegerator for Husband - Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPAgal

Reaction score
Hi, my husband has been brewing for a few years now and wants to start kegging beers and needs (wants) a multi-tap system for the house. I have seen many things online talking about how to convert a freezer and how to build one. For those of us far less handy, can you recommend a good one to buy already to go? I want to get this for him as a Christmas gift. Thanks!

The reason people build them is because in my opinion its cheaper, more fun and allows room to expand. Keezers can have 5 or more taps if they're big enough. I bought a fridge/ kegerator that someone else already built from on craigslist. I found it using the craigslist app. If you have a smart phone download the app. You can set up a search on it to automatically alert you when a kegerator or keezer is posted for sale in your area. I'm suggesting this because brand new kegerators can be pretty pricey. Hope this helps!

Also keep in mind most commercial kegorators use different connects and are built for different kegs than what home brewers use. Not too hard to modify them but it is something to be aware of.

I'm a young guy, full time student, with no prior woodworking experience. I made one that turned out great. Found freezer on craigslist for $20, and wood + tile only cost me around $150. All in all, it was worth it for me. Haven't built the sides yet, but the important part is done.

img0053op.jpg

If you buy him a bar, you will go down forever as the best wife in town.

Back