Those of you with Stout faucets....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammy71

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I have been wanting to set up a nitrogen tap. I've come across another kegerator, so check that off. On my other 6 taps I have Perlicks. I love how they never get 'stuck' closed with gunk. My question: I want to buy the stainless faucet from Stainless Brewing, do the stout faucets get sticky? Is is something you have to take apart every week and clean like the cheap regular taps? I hope not, it might be a deal breaker for me.

Thanks...

http://www.stainlessbrewing.com/Stainless-Stout-Faucet_p_142.html

I don't have stainless can't see the need never had any sticking, but I clean/flush each faucet every time a keg kicks. Unless it happens in the middle of a gather then it just gets a flush of blc then super diluted Star-san. (Don't like parties, but I do enjoy a good gather) I don't let the tap sit more then a week without running at least a sample, plus the higher pressure as well as the fact the tap pull function is different.

Yeah, they don't get really get sticky, at least nothing like I was used to with the cheap faucets. I've got an english ipa running through one now and I did occasionally have to unscrew the tap and rinse a few hop chunks out of the restrictor plate (can see a picture in your link), but that was fairly easy and really only came up at the beginning of the keg. I've let mine sit for a few weeks when I ran out of nitro and didn't have any trouble pouring after that much down time. I'll be putting a stout on here this weekend to get ready for St. Patty's day, and I'm assuming that I won't have the same problem with hop debris, but I'll try to remember to post back if I do.

Ok, thanks both for the replies. I realize stainless is a luxury, but my perlicks are stainless....so figured 'what the hell'. Glad to hear they just need periodic maintenance and not daily. Sounds like it is a go then!! :tank:

Back