Clone of Great Lakes Brewery's Burning River?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm deciding on my next two brews- I'm thinking of repeating my Dead Guy clone, if I can get more pacman yeast. the second is one I've been debating on- and I think I'd like to do am American Pale Ale. I had Great Lakes Brewery's Burning River at Easter when I was visiting my dad, and I remember it being an easy drinking, but nicely hopped ale.

Here's the info from Great Lakes' website: http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/beerProfile.php?beer_id=00000002

Does anyone have an extract or PM recipe that would be like it? For yeast, I have some Wyeast 1056, American ale yeast that is washed and ready to go. I'm going to the LHBS (which isn't really local, it's 150 miles away) next week.

Can anybody who's had Burning River and SNPA compare them for me? I remember liking SNPA very much, too. Another thought is Walker's IPA- bird says everyone loves it and is raving about it. Is it similar to these American pale ales, or would it be too "man-hopped" for me?

Thanks.
Lorena

Back