Glass Carboy vs. Bottling Bucket vs Better Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRobb2

Reaction score
Right now all I have is a bottling bucket and I need to get an additional container for fermenting so that I can have more than batch going. What would you recommend using? What are the pros and cons of each? Any other types of containers I can use?

Hey.

Having more than one vessel is a great idea. That way you can get your pipeline full.
I spent some cash and got some extra 6.5 and 5 gals for myself.

There are plenty of discussions on the boards if you search.
I personally use glass - and I am find with that.
There are people that swear by the better bottles
and the plastic buckets work just fine as well....

I have been thinking of getting a combination to see what I like and do not like.

I personally think it is a preference thing.
Check out the wikki too. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Carboy

Happy Brewing!

I have glass bottles and don't really struggle with them like many people seem to. I have read good reviews about the better bottles.

I bought my glass carboy at a home brew store (used) for $15.00

You will definitely find a new excitement watching the fermentation activity in either case.

Good luck:mug:

I would say Go with Better Bottles simply because of the Racking arm option... makes transferring brew a breeze. Things are nearly worth their weight in gold....

i've been using carboys for years and i just bought two buckets so that i can have more batches going. can't report any progress at this point, but i don't see a problem as they are small beers and i will be using secondaries. at $10 a pop, they're quite the deal and good for batches that don't need a lot of age.

kinda sucks i can't see my fermentation going, tho :(

Back