Noble Pils is here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonInBTR

Reaction score
One of my favorite seasonal brews....but I got a sixer of Torpedo as well. Which to drink first......

b0z4csv

Torpedo all day! I wasnt a big fan of Noble Pils in bottles. To me there is a noticable difference between a lot of tap and bottled SA.

I'm down to my last Noble Pils in the beer fridge. I liked it better last year. Can't quite say why.

Well I made the mistake of drinking a torpedo before the pils and my buds were just too hopped up. Noble Pils does have a nice soft sweet aroma of them nobles. I noticed that is was much more flavorful once it warmed up a bit.

I seen a single 12 pack at Walmart yesterday, I assumed it was something that had been hiding in the stock room and finally put on the shelf.

I've had it twice and really liked it for a light lager ish beer. Lots of hop flavor. Though if I had to choose between that and Torpedo, there would be no question.

I agree there does seem to be a difference from last year.

I'll give it a couple more 6 packs to be sure though.

Damn it. I loved Noble Pils last year. Haven't bought some this year though. I'll have to wait a little bit to rationalize more beer. I recently went a little overboard with the beer spending when I went to a new liquor store and bought Bell's Hopslam, Surly Abrasive, Dupont Saison, and Lagunita's Li'l Sumpin' Sumpin'. A tasty, but expensive puchase.

Torpedo all day! I wasnt a big fan of Noble Pils in bottles. To me there is a noticable difference between a lot of tap and bottled SA.

Sam Adams Lager in bottles = not good. Sam Adams Lager on tap = much better.

im with shelly, who would buy torpedo if celebrations still on the shelves

Some of us like the Torpedo flavor and body more. Most Chinook bittered beers (Celebration one of them) doesn't jive with my tongue.

I like the Nobile Pils but I wish it was just a little less sweet on the finish.

I COMPLETELY agree. I lived in Boston for five years, so I definitely drank my fair share of SA, but the difference between tap and bottle is greater than any other brew IMHO.

I COMPLETELY agree. I lived in Boston for five years, so I definitely drank my fair share of SA, but the difference between tap and bottle is greater than any other brew IMHO.

Totally agree. Drinking a Nobile Pils now from the bottle. tastes a bit worty.

Latest posts

Back