The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried keeping up with TTR a few years ago but couldn't do it. I occasionally do walk away from the computer and it (TTR) requires paying attention. I'd be 25 pages behind every time I looked. Couldn't devote the time. I already have one full time job and one part time job. You guys would wear me out. Actually, what would happen, what DID happen, is I would get home in the morning, pour a beer and start reading. By the time I caught up I was trashed, late to bed and would have to get up hungover in 6 hours. Couldn't keep up the pace, as my boys are quick to point out, I'm getting old and have been beating up my liver for a lot longer than you guys. No need to send for the cirrhosis by Fed Ex, it will arrive soon enough.

Hi guys,
just wanted to take a minute to wish all of you a Happy New year - I met several of you at Paul's Masstoberfest - Paul, Bird and Dakota were all very informative and patient with my noobie questions, and watching at least four different beers being brewed outdoors at the same time was quite inspirational - We made two batches of beer over the past few months, and I'm about 1/2 done building an electric setup in my basement, and hope to be operational by early February.

I'm diving down in Bonaire right now, and plan on hoisting a few Hoegarten's to all of you this evening, as we watch fireworks over the Caribbean sea at midnight.

And Cape, we haven't met yet, but when I get back to NH next week, I think I have a lead of at least 2-3 1/6 kegs that you were asking about. They were in a scrap yard, and would be available very cheap. If they're there, and not buried under snow and ice, I'll pick them up for you.

Again, Happy New Beer (and hopefully, since I'm sending this from the Caribbean getting ready to go diving, it qualifies for Masshole-postability).

Mort

nhwrecker said:
I'm diving down in Bonaire right now, and plan on hoisting a few Hoegarten's to all of you this evening, as we watch fireworks over the Caribbean sea at midnight.

(and hopefully, since I'm sending this from the Caribbean getting ready to go diving, it qualifies for Masshole-postability).

Mort

Mort,

I'm celebrating the New Year in Jersey. You suck.

Paul

I feel like this thread gives the wrong impression to people living in the ****ty non MA states about us. There is no way to throw down and bash people in the mouth on the internet. Since when do we talk this much without beer bottles to the dome?

Just saying guys, we have a culture to protect.

:off:

Dakota, Dakota, Dakota.....

Of all the great characters in Big Lebowski, the one that you apparently most closely associate with, the one that you decide to run with as your avatar, is the pederast, Jesus Quintana?

"An eight year old, Dude."

Just accept who you really are.

The-Big-Lebowski_Steve-Buscemi_orange-shirt.bmp.jpg

cgenebrewer said:
I feel like this thread gives the wrong impression to people living in the ****ty non MA states about us. There is no way to throw down and bash people in the mouth on the internet. Since when do we talk this much without beer bottles to the dome?

Just saying guys, we have a culture to protect.

Anybody know what this kid is talking about?

nhwrecker said:
Paul,
Glad I could be of service. I'll bring some fresh Bonaire salt home for you that you can rub in the wounds.

Mort

Or I could put it around the rim of my glass and fill said glass up with lime juice and tequila. That would be nice.

But you'd STILL suck.

Just sayin'

Give our best to your lovely (and WAY out of your league) wife.

PTN

paulthenurse said:
Or I could put it around the rim of my glass and fill said glass up with lime juice and tequila. That would be nice.

But you'd STILL suck.

Just sayin'

Give our best to your lovely (and WAY out of your league) wife.

PTN

Did mort out punt his coverage? We need pictures!

Lease is agreed on, got insurance binder in hand, zoning board has given us a green light... signing lease probably Thursday for a Feb 1 start date.

God have mercy on our soul

thanks Bird. We have zero exectations for this whole deal. We really don't. It still feels like we're doing almost half as a joke but... it's pretty damn exciting nonetheless.

As much as the bureaucractic crap that we've had to deal with has been a pain, it's been fun.

Famous last words!

Once we ink the lease, we gotta get our TTB paperwork in ASAP.

1) thanks 2) i would use the word "pro" loosely.... for the time being. Calling me a "pro brewer" is like calling Paul a "professional caregiver". Sure, we wear the uniforms and go through the motions but... if my life depended on the outcome... lets just say I'm going to another "pro".

Who knows, maybe someday we'll know what we're doing but for the time being, it is one big experiment.

So, what kind of capacity are you guys shooting for? Have you bought the brewing equipment yet? There's no MetaTun™ involvement, is there?

Oh hell... 1.5 bbl... SMALL... TINY...

We have four new 55 gallon SS fermenters and F-Dub is building a brand new 55 gallon single tier from ground up that is almost done.

Our rough back of the envelope says that we'll run off a 55 gal fermentor weekly.

The only equip we don't have are the kegs. We're kegging everything and am in the market for a big pile of 1/6th sankes. Other than that, we have a very large percentage of the equip we need.

So first brew you put in 90 gallons of liquid and get about what? 10 or 15 of wort by the time your new untried system magically drinks the rest?

On the "me-news" front ('cause it's all about me), our closing is in ten days. Getting pretty stoked at this point. Spend the whole weekend emptying out my house and filling up our portage storage unit.

Oh, and my realtor's hitting me up for homebrew. I told her she got my house sold in four weeks, she can have as many growlers filled as she wants!

Blah blah blah. Brewery talk is wayyyyyy cooler.

Nah, congrats Bird. It's gotta be a big weight off your shoulders. A new pad is pretty exciting. Start mapping out where the taps are goin'!

There's a little closet that I'm going to convert into a bar nook. It's exactly right between the built-in propane grill and the 1st-floor pisser, right by the back door. Going to get a mini-fridge. Put in some nice overhead lighting. Built a little countertop with the granite tiles I have left over from renovating my current kitchen. A couple glass-front cabinets to hold barware and the liquor. Probably a two-tap tower (they'll be another four in the basement, in the current beer fridge.

So Cape,

Do you have a name of the brewery so I can show support if I see it on tap or webpage to find? I know some places do the behind the scenes "homebrew fors" with not really a name. Just wanna keep my eyes open. I'm in your neck of the woods every so often and wouldn't mind supporting.

Back