How about a sister forum?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Humpsalot

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking. I like brewing, but I don't really care about making all these silly labels. Now, I know some of you love it and I'm not knocking you for it. That's cool. It's artistic. I can dig it. It's just not for me.

I was just thinking though.. Maybe we should have a sister forum where we can meet hot girls with hot sisters who... oh no wait. That's not what I meant to say.. What I meant to say was...

Maybe we could find a sister forum of Photoshop geeks who could make labels for us in their spare time in exchange for a sixer or something. We get to brew more, they get to expand their creative photoshop-fu. We each get a cool thing from the other in exchange.

That'd be cool.

I print out a bunch of generic labels and just slap them all on the bottles. Another option is to make a pretty generic label with a field you can change for "Summer Ale", Porter, IPA, etc. I'm a graphics major though, so I guess I like doing labels.

check out my labels, they are about as EZ as you can get.

3 fields and 1 never changes. All ya need to do is change the name according to which brew it is and add a different picture . . .

2086-cider.jpg

amberale.jpg

smart a$$ comments are optional

Pumbaa said:
check out my labels, they are about as EZ as you can get.

3 fields and 1 never changes. All ya need to do is change the name according to which brew it is and add a different picture . . .

2086-cider.jpg

amberale.jpg

smart a$$ comments are optional

Did you do this with Photoshop?

Brewing Clamper said:
Did you do this with Photoshop?

I used MS Picture It, about as simple and basic as you can get. I've tried to teach myself photoshop but . . . yeah . . . I suck at learning stuff like that

Pumbaa said:
I used MS Picture It, about as simple and basic as you can get. I've tried to teach myself photoshop but . . . yeah . . . I suck at learning stuff like that
Slightly :off: here, sorry for the highjack!

Pumbaa, I loved your labels when I got your beer in the beer swap. I kept meaning to ask what type of paper you printed them on. They were very easy to remove for bottle re-use.

A sister forum for 'label geeks' isn't a bad idea. Neither is a sister forum where we can meet hot girls with hot sisters!:D

Back