Turkey Fryer Burner for Boiling....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like its a pretty good burner...I know MY turkey fryers aren't very good/efficient, but I highly doubt they are rated at 50k+ btu's.

Thats not a bad deal regardless. That's almost cheaper than I paid for my cheapos off Craigslist. Do you know if that is an online special, or if it's at all of their stores as well?

I'd go for it, if I didn't already have a few burners. I'm holding out to get some banjo burners when I get some kind of stand going.

Yea Fatwallet and topic alerts can be a very bad thing for the wallet. But it did help me score a fryer that will not be a uni-tasker. I should start picking up some grains now.

Bought one of these and was happy enough with it that I plan to get another this weekend. They'll work together to get me started in All Grain.

My burner is a 55kbtu and the only problem I have with it is when it's real windy out. The flame gets kicked around and sometimes if it's bad enough it's really annoying as the boil actually "stops" for a second as it loses the heat for constant boil. It picks back up in a matter of seconds but it's still irritating. I need to get some sheet metal and make a better shroud for my burner to remedy the situation.

Back