Good wiring terminal options?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biertourist

Reaction score
Anyone have any wiring terminal options they've come across?

(Cheaper than normal, safer than normal, easier to use than normal, takes less room than normal, etc...??)

I really like the idea of simply push-to-fit terminal blocks, but DIN rail is not a feature in my control panel.

I realize this is an area I know next to nothing about but I don't want to have to "jumper" between each connection so I'm curious what good options exist.

Adam

Anyone have any wiring terminal options they've come across?

(Cheaper than normal, safer than normal, easier to use than normal, takes less room than normal, etc...??)

I really like the idea of simply push-to-fit terminal blocks, but DIN rail is not a feature in my control panel.

I realize this is an area I know next to nothing about but I don't want to have to "jumper" between each connection so I'm curious what good options exist.

Adam

You can buy metal shuts to jumper one terminal location to the next. I bought my terminal blocks from Home Depot and used metal shunts I already had.

I'm not in the norm on this, but I used wire nuts for all my wire connections and no issues. The electric folks I spoke with told me I was nuts (hah! Pun...) to use a terminal block for connecting wires because 'what if something falls on it', super unlikely but...sure made enough sense. 20 pack of wire nuts were like $10 so it wasn't expensive.

I figured if this was good enough to join lines in my wall, forever, it's good enough for this.

I've been looking at Wago. They seem like they might do the trick.

Chris

Good call; great option. Are there any big box stores that carry these products? (To avoid shipping costs - its actually shocking how much of my brewery build costs have been shipping-related.)

Adam

Back