Summers Sunset Blonde Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knewshound

Reaction score
I hope you like it as much as I do.

The beer is freakin awesome BTW.

sweetblondealeyt4.jpg

Cheers,

knewshound

I don't mean to sound like the grammar police, but do you mean "Summer's Sunset"? (with an apostrophe)

If not, sorry. Great looking label.

the art guy said:
I don't mean to sound like the grammar police, but do you mean "Summer's Sunset"? (with an apostrophe)

I tried it and it didnt look good so out it went.

Grammer has a place, that place is not on a beer label IMHO.

Cheers,

knewshound

I love this label, I have yet to make any labels but I have been thinking of trying some out, I had come up with the idea of all my beers having old looking pictures of women with a suitable hair colour to match the beer.

The picture you have used is exactly the style I was thinking off. Did you find it somewhere or do it yourself? Unfortunately I am not as good an artist as I would like so may struggle to produce the labels that I am planning.

Tremble,

I can't speak for knewshound, but my Bathwater Blonde (different thread) is similar style to this. I found my pic using google and searching for pin-ups. Found a ton of good ones. I am photoshop challenged, so I used Powerpoint to lay-out mine. Knewhounds looks like he might have used a more advanced method, i.e. GIMP/Photoshop.

-Todd

TREMBLE said:
I love this label, I have yet to make any labels but I have been thinking of trying some out, I had come up with the idea of all my beers having old looking pictures of women with a suitable hair colour to match the beer.

The picture you have used is exactly the style I was thinking off. Did you find it somewhere or do it yourself? Unfortunately I am not as good an artist as I would like so may struggle to produce the labels that I am planning.

I am "challenged" by Photoshop et al and used Powerpoint as well.

I allows the scale I want and friendly tools.

Looks decent enough I think.

As far as the pics go, I also searched for "Pinups", "pinup girls" etc and chose those that suited a beer label. ALl of my labels have had such a pic and they are renound in my circle of friends. The delight when a recipient sees the great label is satisfying.

Cheers,

knewshound

Thanks for the advice, I am in the Airforce and am going for the look of the WW2 bombers nose art, though not exact copies of it, just that style.

I checked out google and there where a ton of cool pictures, I will post something when I get it stuck together, assuming it does not look like a 2 year old has gone wild with crayons! ;)

PS. Homer I love your Bathwater Blonde Pic as well, I may just rip you off on that one at some time!

I didnt save the older ones after printing them, as a result, I have no others to share.:(

I will make a point to save and post others as I do them.

The problem is, I only bottle a dozen at most, the rest goes into kegs. Until now, I didnt realize anyone besides me would care !

I will look around for some older ones, the Xmas beer I had last year with the blonde on the bearskin rug in front of the fireplace was memorable indeed.

I will take a look and see what I can find.

Cheers,

knewshound

Those are really awesome! :rockin:

I love the idea of the pack with mixed labels. I remember when I was a kid we always used the keep some tins of Harp in the fridge for when my granda visited, and they used to have a photo of a girl in underwear on each tin, maybe 10-12 different girls in all, it was the coolest series of cans, I mean how could it be any better? You have beer and a girl in her underwear to look at!

I have got some friends coming round this Saturday to try my new batch (only my second batch and the first was all flat so wish me luck!) and was trying to knock something up, but I have just realised I dont have a name for my brewery! I am not sure how to post a pic of it but when I figure it out I will post what I have so far.

Lets see if this works then!

Tremble111

How did you post the actual pictures rather than a link? Cant get it to work.

I like the look of this so far but when I copied your warning it is kinda hard to read so I may remove it, I also need to add my brewer name, once I figure it out of course!

I would also like to lighten her hair colour slightly to make her more blonde but I am not too worried about that.

Anyone who is not to hot at photoshop etc and wants a simple way to make labels might want to look up www.myimager.com it is how I added the text to this image and it is really simple and free to use. It may not have all the fancy stuff but it seems quick and easy to me!

Ok I have an updated version now that I have had a bit more time to play around with it, I think it looks kinda cool!

Tremble111

Criticism welcome!

Back