Raspberry wine not hitting mark, any help??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sclabrl

Reaction score
My 1 gallon of raspberry wine has the raspberries in there (7 days now) but according to the recipe, it says about 5 days before it should hit 1.030sg. At that point I need to take the fruit out and transfer to secondary.

Day 6 is was 1.020 and today was 1.016. I searched out the forums but not finding anything anybody help out. I'm confused and need a bit of help. Leave it in there or transfer to the secondary ??

Appreciate anything.....thanks.

If your berries have been in the primary a week I would take them out. The berries should have imparted their flavor by now in the wine. I personally would transfer it now to secondary. I usually leave my fruit in the primary for around 5 days and each day or so punch the cap down, which is essentially pushing the bag of berries down into the wine and keeping them nice and wet.

Yes that's what I've been doing. Ok-I guess I'll take em out and continue with the process. Thanks

Latest posts

Back