What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my first kegged ale LEGION IPA 2 Ex Umbrius ...from the shadows

now if it was Legion IPA Ex Umbrius ... Dead Chthulu waits dreaming, I might be intrigued. ;) :rockin:

Oh... and I will post my CDA recipe soon. But I must first perfect the true nectar of Cascadia ... The CMS Cascadian Milk Stout.

If Widmer won't do it anymore, I may as well ;)

now if it was Legion IPA Ex Umbrius ... Dead Chthulu waits dreaming, I might be intrigued. ;) :rockin:

Oh... and I will post my CDA recipe soon. But I must first perfect the true nectar of Cascadia ... The CMS Cascadian Milk Stout.

If Widmer won't do it anymore, I may as well ;)

You are a true pioneer of the republic! .....I'm interested in your CMS experiment lemme know how that goes

Asahi Kuronama.

Brewed in Tokyo, not a Canadian batch.
I haven't had this in quite a while. Tastes just like I remember. Roasty, malty -- almost a porter. I may try to clone this soon.

DT sounds good.

I'm comparing the Kuronama with one of my Homebrew Porters ( Keglicker ).
The Kuronama is crisper, and since it is a lager -- that makes sense.
The porter is sweeter with a slight molasses taste and a hint of Black Cherry. Balanced malt and bitterness. It is slightly overcarbed, but that is easy to fix :eek:

I need to brew another batch of this for competition, and I think the recipe is ready for posting to the forum.

Baird Beer " Dark Sky Imperial Stout"
Brewed in Japan.

This is a very nice Imperial Stout. Not as aggressive as some, rather a more refined imperial stout. balanced. Easy to drink, which could be dangerous at 9%.

If you get a chance to try anything from Baird -- by all means, do so. :mug:

Kickin' back today with Southern Tier Un-Earthly Imperial IPA, Yuengling Premium, and Victory Yakima Twilight Ale.

Blue Paddle, New Belgium Brewery. Me likey!

I'm on a kick to try out ones I never got around to trying. So I am having one a night and then drinking Home Brew. I just spent 150 on all different types of beer, some I got six packs....I am a happy man!

Sorry to double up on this thread...

Blue Paddle 1 twelve oz. bottle
Graff 1/2 pint (got to watch this one)
Wheat with Peaches and Walnut (2 pints)
Chimay Grande Reserve

Was going to grab a Guiness, and then saw the quart that my friend just gave me Chimay Grande Reserve...twist my arm why don't you! ;)

Just starting on a 4 Liter bottle of Gallo Burgundy so I can use the bottle for small batches of experimentals and meads, and large starters. Actually the Burgundy isn't horrible stuff, but that said I am on my fourth glass tonight... Cheers!

A likely story!

This dang Chimay does it every time, I apologize. i need to drink this one, first, one time, I always leave it for the desert beer. By then I am toast.

My commercial supply is dwindling rapidly, with the kegerator finished, and four kegs of goodness busy conditioning. (Hurry up, damnit!!) But tonight enjoyed a Midnight Sessions dark lager from Port Brewing, and my old reliable, Lagunitas IPA.

Drinking my originally undercarbed IIPA. I waited for it to carb with no changes, so I finally opened each bottle and added more yeast, so now it is carbed properly but the flavors have mellowed :(

A Goose Island Demolition. Finishing it up and going to see what's been hanging out in the fridge or what's on tap. Hopefully something tasty is lurking in one of those places.

DKB Scottish Ale, named after me dearly departed father. Weighs in at 8.3% and kinda reminds me of Old Chub from Oscar Blues. Miss ya dad.

DKB Scottish Ale, named after me dearly departed father. Weighs in at 8.3% and kinda reminds me of Old Chub from Oscar Blues. Miss ya dad.

NICE!

I will lift a glass of "Famous Grouse" scotch to your father.

I just got off the phone with my dad... had one of those great father son adult talks... really wish we weren't 650 miles apart. I'm really glad the old man is still here for me. I don't know what I would do without him.

My glass is lifted as well. To our dads, living, and past on to the next realm. I know you will be there to help me along as you did in life.

Samuel Smith, Oatmeal Stout.

life is good

Just got back from Taps in Petaluma where I had DFH Aprihop, WHICH I LOVED, and some Firestone Walker stuff which I liked. Union Jack and their Bavarian hefeweizen, if you must know.

Now I'm shifting from Schneider Edel-Weisse (the bottle I have here is unfortunately not as fresh as the one I had at Outerlands in SF) to Ayinger Altbairisch Dunkel.

Night Stalker Imperial Stout by Goose Island. Insanely hoppy. Its blowing away the Imperial Stout I had from Left Hand the other day.

Now I'm drinking Flying Dog's 20th Anniversary Raging ***** Belgian IPA. This IPA has a lot of kick to it. A couple more and the SWMBO might be taking some pics for the Boneyard. Oh yeah

I'm trying to find Flying Dog here in Houston. I can get two of them at the Flying Saucer Pub. Sure wish I had an easier search on where to buy these hard to get beers in Houston. I prefer to just purchase them at a store, a sixer in the frig beats having to go to the bar to get a thirst quenched.

Now drinking my Wheat with Peaches and Walnuts

I'm drinking a pint of "Old Bobba-Tett" - a brew I made with Pale Ale malt, Maris Otter, a shot of Roasted Barley, and four additions of German Tett to reach ~50IBU. It's tasty!

-edit- Oops. Pint's all gone. Shame that work is coming so soon tomorrow morning, or I'd send another pint down to keep the first four company.

I'm not a Post Whore (I respect them though....as I capitalized the name).

It is a new day, and I am going to do a pint of BrandonO's graff (I have to be real careful with this one).

Young’s Double Chocolate Stout, I forgot how good this one is.

Update: 9:41 PM

I always let SWMBO have a taste, she usually just passes it back, no harm done. This time she said that she likes that Young’s and would never pay 5 bucks a quart! She called me on the (she thinks fifty bucks I spent on specialties). I told her to have that one, I would drink something else....well she couldn't believe I was giving her that Young’s, finally she took it, I don't feel as guilty for spending closer to $150 on some educational brews.

Now I have opened an Arrogant Bastard, first drink was a pallet adjustment. I wouldn't have wasted the first taste if I went to something smoother and less aggressive, but that is how I roll.

Redhook "Ropeswing" Pilsner.
This is a very refreshing beer, perfect for relaxing after a day (or night) at work.
Goes well with a Chicken Salad sandwich.

not the ultimate pairing, but if it works... :)

Is it okay to reply more than once? :p

"Four Cent Sunday" Part of my experiment with making a few recipes with the same base grains, same IBU's, using different hops.

6lbs Pale Ale
5lbs Maris Otter
3oz Roasted Barley
Four hop additions of Centennial, to hit ~50IBU IIRC

It's drinkable, I get the flavor, but I would leave out the Roasted next time. It gets in the way. I had decided to add it for the color, but regret it now.

Latest posts

Back