Freezer leaking water help???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyPolock

Reaction score
With everybody here making keezers and people being more of a "shop" type person than me maybe somebody can give me some advice.

My freezer is leaking water, likely somewhere from the inside, and I have no idea what to do. I really don't want to pay somebody an arm and a leg to fix what will likely be a simple solution. I guess that I could pay him in homebrew but I would rather try to do it myself.

I am pretty sure that it is coming from the inside somewhere because there is a small ice rink at the bottom of my freezer which is also overflowing from what looks like from undernear the refrigerator. It is a GE side by side refrigerator/freezer.

Does anybody have any best guess suggestions on what to do?

This is what happened to me... There is a drain from the bottom of the freezer to a tray underneath. When the freezer defrosts, the melting water drains out of the freezer into the tray, where it evaporates. The little drain hose got plugged up so the defrost water just pooled up in the bottom and refroze until the ice level got too high, and it leaked out.

I cleaned out the drain hose, and it worked fine after that. You may need to take the panel off that covers the cooling bits to get to the drain, I had to.

It took me a while to figure out. First I thought it was the in-door water dispenser, then the icemaker.

Latest posts

Back